Monday, August 14, 2006

TRAVELIN' MAN


Sh*t in HK is official.... Posted by Picasa

Upon my arrival in the Far East, I see that U.S rappers aren't the only ones going to jail for bullsh*t......

Ice Cube says Black politicians are as suspect as the White ones......

Looks like the late Israel Ramirez's sister believes Busta Rhymes is full of sh*t.......

Dope video, "Listen" from Talib Kweli[ I just wish his voice hadn't become so damn high pitch and annoying....]

Mo' Money
Mo' Problems for Jigga

"Look at these shoes yo you can't find that/'less you flyin' to Singapore[HK] homie you ain't buyin that"- LUPE FIASCO

Since my arrival in Hong Kong, I have been dumbfounded by the culture and fast pace way of life in this illustrious city. I have been influenced. Bathing Ape. Evisu. Hermes. Undercover. If you name it...Hong Kong has it tenfold. It may seem very naive and somewhat superficial to only discuss exclusive, high-end fashion when visiting a foreign country, however, there are ridiculous malls EVERYWHERE in HK[including the subway stations......it seems as if that's all there is to do here....seriously] I don't know who can afford it, but HK has everything and sorry to say it, but this place sh*ts on NYC in terms of fashion. Never believed that
HYPEBEAST would come in handy, but I was able to visit DMOP, KING WAH CENTER, I.T., BAPE, EVISU, JUICE and every other miscellaneous fashion boutique specializing in cutting edge Street Wear and other exclusive punk, skaternerdish, Lupe Fiasco-like fashion. Additionally, I visited the infamous SNEAKER STREET in Mogk Kok where they sell endless Nike Airmaxes, Dunks, and every single sneaker made in the Far East.[though you must sort through all of the bootleg kicks]Though, I peeped their fashion scene, I haven't heard much hip-hop over here. However, considering the stares that I get and random requests from the locals begging to take a picture with me...maybe they think that I am a rapper?[ I feel like Blackzilla with the stares that I am getting from people over here...lol] All in all, my preliminary perception of HK legitimizes the notion that globalization is real and the 7/11s and KFCs on every corner prove it. Furthermore with that aside, as far as shopping goes, when it comes down to it, sh*t in HK is very official.....wow my head is still spinning...pause.....until next time...

No comments: